Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

DIY Flower Shorts

Here I come again with another simple DIY project =) Would you would need...
1. Shorts of your choice
2. Scissors
3. Needle and thread
4. Iron
5. And some small flowers

 photo IMG_0487_zpsc1a6c12e.jpg

The shorts I choose were bought at my local thrift store and I bought my small bag of flowers at my local Walmart for only $2.97.

The first thing I did was, fold up my shorts because there were a bit to long for me. If you want you can cut them off and distressed them ,it's up to you =)

Once I fold them up I got my iron and ironed my folds so they can stay in place.

 photo IMG_0488_zps21004963.jpg

Then I grab my needle and thread and I start hand sewing it. If you have a sewing machine you can use that.
 photo IMG_0489_zpsc3cb012d.jpg

I just did the typical stitch as you can see....
 photo IMG_0490_zpsca95c975.jpg

I am done sewing my shorts...
 photo IMG_0492_zps5719f236.jpg

Now I am going to start hand sewing my flowers to my shorts
What I did was just grab my needle and thread put it through the flower and then tide a knot.
I use the same type of stitch to sew my flowers...
 photo IMG_0498_zps5ed67b5e.jpg

 photo IMG_0499_zps333097df.jpg

Here they are all done. I just did it on one side but you can do it on both side or how ever you like.
You can even just do the back pockets if you like.
 photo IMG_0503_zps2f2b5e80.jpg

I really hope you guys enjoyed this and follow/comment. Would mean so much if you did.
If you guys do any of my recent DIY projects I would love to see. Just follow me on my instagram @fashiondreamcloud and hashtag #fashiondreamcloud
Hope to see some =)

2 comments:

  1. omg these look amazing! like the sort of ones you see on tumblr but have no idea how to make...thankyou for showing me, will have to try this out now!! xo

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovelly! Love it! Such a great idea!
    I am following you now, follow back please! xx

    http://madeinlatvija.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete